Helping You Prepare For When An Inspector Calls...One of the most stressful aspects of running a social care company is dealing with CQC Inspections. We know how important it is for you to get positive ratings with the CQC and that's why we've developed a number of support options to help you.
We Provide THREE Key Support Services
We can visit your company and carry out a detailed global or targeted audit to help you understand how prepared you are for your CQC Inspection. We will provide you with a detailed report highlighting any areas where there's room for improvement and, if required, we can support you to address these.
If things haven't gone well with an inspection, don't worry, we can help you. We can write up your action plan and help you to address all remediation points.
For a detailed case study of how we helped to turn around a negative situation, click here.
We have a wide range of workshops to explain the revisions to the inspection process, evidence gathering and the Key Lines of Enquiry, and help you keep up to date with key legislation such as the Care Act, MCA and DoLS. We can also deliver workshops on topics such as team building and conflict resolution.
Got a CQC Inspection Coming Up?Call Us
As experts in social care, we’re one of the first to hear about changes made by the CQC and gain an understanding of new regulations or changes to operations.
4 Tips To Help Your CQC Inspection Go Smoothly
Read up on the Key Lines of Enquiry or attend a workshop to ensure you know what the CQC will be looking at. This will help you review the areas they may inspect and prepare for their questions.
Ensure records are up to date, policies, care plans and risk assessments are current, complete and have clear lines of responsibility. Make sure offices are clean and tidy, all staff wear name badges and noticeboards are current.
Make staff aware the inspection is taking place. Ensure staff and stakeholders are informed of and clear about your policies and procedures. Share best practice across all your teams.
Evidence is required to back up your service across the board. Gather evidence that your policies are effective, that service users and staff are consulted and that lessons learned are shared and improvements made.
The Right Support At The Level You Need
Wherever you are in your inspection cycle, we have support to make life easier and maximise your potential to achieve positive ratings. Whether you need help with the new PIC form (which replaces PIRs) or a whole-scale review with mock inspection, action plans and training, we can guide you towards an outstanding outcome.
Do you have a CQC Inspection on the horizon? We can help you prepare. Our team of compliance experts and ex-CQC Inspectors help you carry out detailed audits and provide support to address any areas of concern ahead of CQC Inspections.
Private Transport Services
Client: Registered Manager of a Private Ambulance Service.
Situation: Under immediate suspension order following an inspection by the CQC.
Key Considerations: With only 28 days for the client to appeal, the Insequa CQC Inspection Support Team has to take action fast.
Seven Areas of Concern Were Highlighted:
- Patient Centered Care
- Poor and incomplete records and assessments.
- Inadequate communication of patient needs.
- No policies or procedures covering mental capacity or consent.
- Lack of staff training in mental health.
- Safe Care Treatment
- Unsafe arrangements surrounding administration of medicines and no medicines policy.
- Equipment out of date, poorly maintained, and unsecured.
- Good Governance
- No managerial or provider oversight of risk, performance, outcomes, or safety quality assurance.
- No evidence RM recorded views of external stakeholders.
- Safeguarding systems and procedures out-of-date with legislation.
- Safeguarding concerns reported incorrectly.
- Fit & Proper Persons Employed
- Lack of Safe Recruitment procedure.
- Unsatisfactory identity and background checks on staff.
- No annual appraisals, supervision, competency assessments, or induction checklists.
- No evidence to demonstrate ongoing competence of crew.
- Mock inspection carried out.
- Service provider taken through all the areas of weakness highlighted by the CQC.
- Action Plan drawn up to address all key points and shortcomings.
- Ongoing support and advice whilst actions carried out.
- Bespoke documents created including:
- Policy documents
- Audit tools and management dashboard
- Risk assessment templates
- Training matrix
- Stakeholder questionnaire
- Complaints form
The CQC Inspector paid a visit following the appraisal of the widespread internal changes made in response to their original concerns, and in accordance with the Insequa Action Plan, the suspension was lifted with immediate effect.
This swift and satisfactory conclusion to all parties was achieved within a time-frame of eight weeks from initial suspension, minimising interruption of service to clients and provider.
Call Us To Discuss CQC SupportCall Us